Thursday 5 August 2010

Last Post

Back home, 1 month, 13 countries, 13,269km and 1 tyre later. The washing machine is on overload, the poor bike is well overdue on a service and I finally don't stink. It was a good trip but the highlight for me was definitely Norway and it needs to be visited again, maybe several times. A lottery win would help but even without it, I would go back at the drop of a hat. It would be better if the ferries between the UK and Norway were restarted as the 2 day plod across the low countries to get there is a pain.

The Baltic States were interesting though I think a RyanAir flight to any of the capitals would be the way to do it. Excellent beer and lots to see in the cities and still comparatively cheap. I expect that the way the economy is changing there, it wont be for long. Finland? well, lets say that maybe winter is better....or a different sort of trip maybe a gravel road venture, there are plenty of them. Not enough terrain and scenery for me. Poland deserves another crack of the whip, especially the south. Plenty to see and do and my tyre incident lost me a day so it didn't get a proper view. Watch out for the drivers, they are genuinely loopey. The Czech Republic is a definite candidate for another visit and my route across souther Germany was surprisingly good fun.

As a famous Austrian once said...."I'll be back"

2 comments:

  1. great to hear you are back safe and sound,am green with envy,hopefully we ll do one together before I get too arthritic and cant throw a leg over the silver lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good blog Paul, informative and entertaining. Well done, and thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete