Saturday 3 July 2010

Houston, we are go!

I have a shiny new driving license! After many calls and a fax declaring myself to be a bona-fide UK license holder and not having swapped for one of those inferior French ones, the nice DVLA man (Ceri) relented and dispatched one. It thumped on the mat this morning and I breathed a sigh of relief.

The plan is to camp & cook where practical to save $$$ as apparently Norway is excruciatingly expensive. Cheap hotels start at £70-£80 per night and a bottle of wine in a restaurant is in the region of £45. Yikes! I wonder what a diet of Pot Noodle and instant couscous will do to me?

I packed the bike and did a little test ride down to Ali in Horsham to see do my various 'improvements' to the bike work and if I had enough/too much stuff. Having 220V in my tankbag might seem a little ill advised if it rains a lot, but being able to charge the laptop on the way is very useful.

Discovered that I need to re-pack again...bugger.

3 comments:

  1. I can only begin to imagine how this diet might affect you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi paul

    just came back from a trip to Trondheim, travelling the easy way on a plane and a taxi.

    nice town, worth a visit.

    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paul, this should be interesting.
    I'll follow you from the comfort of a mobile home in beautiful Barleycove (signal permitting!)

    Best of luck.

    Donal

    ReplyDelete